Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flipping page flip

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by imonk, Feb 25, 2011.

1. imonk

imonk Junior Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way of putting a couple of magazines I design up on my client's website in a page flip style. I can export from InDesign CS5 to .swf then import that swf into acrobat pro 9, then set up the initial view to look how I want it. BUT, the pages don't really zoom in. Does anyone here know of a way to enable this in InDesign before exporting or am I just wanting it to do something it doesn't do?

There's lots of pay per use sites around which I'll look at if necessary but I'm a control freak and really like to have total control over how it looks etc. Ideally this is to be displayed in a Joomla website but would also like to have a downloadable page flip pdf also.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

2. wac

wac Senior Member

I'm not sure I follow you, if the document has been set up in Indesign then theswf you export will have a zoom feature when you right click, possibly your troubles begin when you import into Acrobat for whatever reason. I use this code to do menus and the like, worth checking out if you get stuck.
  3. talltony

talltony Junior Member

Try - they have a free option and it works really well. When you 'copy link' make sure you untick 'view on Issuu site' and it opens in a pretty generic frame. I then use to create custom short-URLs to the online digital edition.
  4. dekkerfraser

dekkerfraser Junior Member

There are lots of javascript pageflips as well--if you want something that will work on Apple products.