• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flash CS4 - help needed.

Hi all, am a noobie here - so your patience is appreciated!

I am using Flash to build a website - no problem.
However, I want to display some of my work on the site.
Import to library etc - no problem.
Website is just about fully functional - except:

I want my images to enlarge on either 'rollover' or 'down click' with the mouse.

Whilst understanding the 'UP'-'Over'-'Down'- 'Hit' states - I have tried everything (That I know!) - but it wont happen the way I want. :icon_cursing:

On the UP state - I have a small image
On the OVER state - I increase the image size and placement -

however, on previewing the site.....the image responds wherever I place the mouse - except on the smaller image.....:icon_Wall:

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks.

OTB.

first of all why are you using Flash to build your website if you don't know anything about Flash?

however, on previewing the site.....the image responds wherever I place the mouse - except on the smaller image
sorry i dont understand this.

first of all why are you using Flash to build your website if you don't know anything about Flash?

sorry i dont understand this.
Well, to answer your question about Flash - Why not?? Better to be able to use both hands when eating as opposed to just one - in other words - the more skills you can acquire the better in my view.

What I meant in the second part - on the OVER state when formatting a button, I wanted the image just to enlarge as the cursor was rolled over it - however, the image kept enlarging when the cursor was anywhere near where it had enlarged to, as opposed to the image itself.... Hope this makes more sense. However, I have now fixed that problem - only to be hit with another one!

I have managed to enlarge my images using the HIT state correctly, after internet research; the problem I am having now - is that when my images enlarge - you can still see the other images on top of the enlarged one.
I put this down to arranging the images - 'Send Back' - 'Send Forward' etc.....but it doesnt want to work for all...no matter what way I arrange them! Perseverance is the key unless someone can help!

Thanks.

well dont use it if you don't know how to. You can make it SEO friendly if you know what you're doing.
You're probably right. I don't flash code at all, I get people in to do it.

But I don't use it a lot any more. Neither do you very much according to the work on your website. I'm not saying flash is rubbish, (a little tricky, but not rubbish) just that I think things seem to be moving on.