Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First year university student seeking design work experience in the summer?

Discussion in 'Design Jobs & Employment Forum:' started by ajm.1990, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ajm.1990

ajm.1990 New Member

Hello all,

I am a first year undergraduate student currently studying "Design for Digital Media" at university for a Bachelors degree. The reason(s) my posting is to try and find out more information and resources about seeking some sort of work experience and/or temporary employment over the upcoming summer period 2013.
    I live in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, and so employment opportunities might not be so accessible, particularly in the field of design/new media. Thus, I decided to post on here, to seek out any opportunities further out afield.

I am willing to travel if needs be, I am hoping primarily to work away, and get some experience under my belt, to supplement my degree studies. My current interests, specifically within the realms of design/art and digital media include: conceptualization/visualization, digital design, illustration, motion/animation graphics, branding and logo design. Logo design being the most enjoyable experience.

I pride myself on my ability to visualize a design, and conceptualize an idea. Right from research stages, or preliminary working thumbnails, to the tweaking/finessing of the final product. I work well as part of a team, and problems provide a challenge and an encouragement to solve them!

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank-you, Ashley.