Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FireFox 3.5 being slow anyone noticed?

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by Jazajay, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

My version of FireFox 3.5 is really being slow anyone noticed this with theirs?
    It loads the page then after every page load, with Yslow pagespeed turned off, it takes about 5-6 seconds before you can use the cursor. Which is really getting old now and adding a fair amount of time on to dev work. :mad:

Also when I load pagespeed it gets seriously stuck when it try's to check the CSS out but I can actually go away and make a cup of tea before it finishes anyone noticed this with theirs as well?

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

No problem with FireFox at this end Jaz.
    I'm running 3.5.7 on a Mac of course.
  3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Cheers for looking fella it is seriously doing my head in, I'm on XP if that makes a difference. :)
  4. Thewholehogg

er, yes right Tim.

IT Tech bit.

1. Turn it off.
    2. Turn it on.
    3. Fingers crossed.
  5. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Followed up with hit it with a hammer or coarse. : D
  6. Thewholehogg

Oh yes I forgot that.

How about followed up by a trip to John Lewis?
  7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Turned off all your addons ?
    Run in safe mode ? (think that's what its called for firefox, could be some other "mode")

Mines running fine and is a fresh install of 3.5.5
  8. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like your profile might be screwed.

I've got 3.5.7 (latest version) on windows 7 x64 with yslow, pagespeed and loads of others and the only issue I get is flash can crash it but I am using the beta 10.1's (having said that flash is crap software in my opinion)
  9. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Cheers for the ideas ppl.
    Just done a mammoth 50 hours over time last week so literally I have just been sleeping and working so slipped my mind TBH Levi.

Updating now, may just be an issue with my old version not downloaded properly or something like that.

Pagespeed is down to me running a more updated version of Firebug I guess as it currently only supports 1.4.3 and I have 1.4.5 or something so yey me. :mad:

Cheers ppl I'll let you know how I get on.
  10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'm running the beta pagespeed (1.5.whatever) and firebug is 1.4.5 so it doubt it's that fella :)
  11. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Right the update sorted it so cheers ppl much appreciated, probably fixed an addon or problem with my antivirus or something.

Heres what my pagespeed says ~
    When I run it it kills Firefox as in I have to close it and restart it, so guess it is. :)
  12. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Yeah the Beta is for the latest version of FireBug. :)
    Cite: Install Page Speed

Much appreciated ppl looks like this thread (Levi) has fixed both problems. :clap:

Thanks to every one who contributed though.

This thread can now be closed. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.