Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a wordpress template.

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by bigdave, Mar 21, 2013.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

My new employer has chucked me in at the deep end and asked me to build a site for a customer using wordpress. I can cope with that bit but they've sent this link saying they want the menus to work in the same way and I'm struggling to find a template that's even close. I suggested using the source code from the linked site and re-building it but tbh, I don't have the knowledge to make something as complex as that in html5.

Is anyone able to offer some advice on where I might find a suitable wordpress template or at least what to search for?
  2. bigdave

Anyone? suggesting a way of producing something similar would do.
  3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

The slide effect is done with jquery: Show | jQuery UI (check the 'slide' effect from the dropdown at the bottom).
    bigdave likes this.
  4. bigdave

Cheers Paul. I'd found a couple of tutorials using JQuery sliders but they don't quite work for my needs. Will have a look at your link when I get to the office & see if its something I can bastardise it work.
  5. bigdave

I've had a look and that's EXACTLY what I needed! My boss will be suitably impressed. Cheers..

(Dave bookmarks the JQuery site for next time).