File storage - and labelling and general IT stuff

GraphicD123

Hey

So I am a freelance designer currently but want to expand taking on other designers and becoming a project manager (still keeping my hand in designing).

My question is, can anyone advise on all things concerning becoming more than one person, so:

File storage /access - cloud based?
Folder and file naming systems? - so it is easy for all designers to understand and access
Project management tools - for myself!
Invoicing/financial tools? - my current processes are very manual/slow

I’m happy to take any/all advice and experiences. And happy to answer any questions that help clarify my situation!

I’m pc based, Adobe creative cloud.

Thank you

If you want to become a 'design studio' with other designers you need to be careful because if you 'employ' staff, rather than just hiring a freelancer as needed to cover overflow you have a lot of different rules you need to follow in relation to your staff. This can also include NI/taxes/pensions etc.

As to the others... cloud storage, have you seen the latest privacy laws?
Folder and naming system, thats really something you need to work out.
Project management, plenty of options out there, the obvious one is microsoft project.
Again lots of options out there for invoicing/accounting etc... however like I said first, it's not quite the same being solo as running a business with employees.

Back