Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by DeanLynn, Jul 27, 2009.

1. DeanLynn

DeanLynn Junior Member

Hay Peeps,

Just finished the basics of a design i have done for a Recording Label site, and basically needing some more inspiration on how to jazz it up abit. But keeping the whole thing simple but pleasing to the eye, if you’re getting my drift...

Anyways here is the design so far: index-new.png -
    I know it's not perfect but its a draft one of the design.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers :)
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

honestly it reminds me of the orange (mobile) website
  3. br3n

br3n Senior Member

its sooooo flat, get some gradient in there, also not convinced on the font :eek:
  4. DeanLynn

DeanLynn Junior Member

Levi - not so much of a bad thing.

br3n - not really mastered the gradient thing.. Without it looking kiddy, got any tips or tutorials I could check out?

Font wise yeah i keep looking at it and the more I do I hate it =/.
  5. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Just use a simple grey to transparent fade on some of your menu areas, play around with the opacity until you get something subtle, it'll make a huge difference and really lift the design.
  6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

had a quick go at one of the boxes...

2mins max.
  7. DeanLynn

DeanLynn Junior Member

Ok im really liking that. thanks allot br3n :)
  8. DeanLynn

DeanLynn Junior Member

Take 2 still not perfect but let me know what you think solved a few of the issues me thinks.
    - Background
    - Font
    - Gradient Headers
    - Buttons
    index-new2.png -
  9. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Honestly its still not right. The gradients are there but its too little, it really needs something to bring it off the page and create some visual interest. IMO the headings are way way too big, its almost patronising.

Think of some words you want associated with this record label - sophisticated? sleek? modern? then put images to those words and really create a STYLE.

Take a look on Web Templates, Flash Templates, Website Templates Design - Template Monster for some layout inspiration if your still stuck.
  10. berry

berry Active Member

lots of Typo errors in the copy. I'd quickly check
  11. DeanLynn

DeanLynn Junior Member

Thanks for comments I have taken your advice onboard br3n and rethinking the approach.

Barry thanks for reviewing it :)

12. DeanLynn

DeanLynn Junior Member

numen.png - - new update, as you can see changed allot of the layout, not 100% yet just getting the elements inserted and then going to line it all up correctly still got a few more sections to add in. but let me know.
  13. Music To The Eyes

Music To The Eyes Senior Member

Is that Comic Sans?
  14. It sure looks like Comic Sans.... A little part of me just died :(
  15. berry

berry Active Member

There is no strong branding element to the site.
    Think of it as a Miusic magazine cover. Strong branding and then a hierachy of information. big/small/sub etc to create interest and further reading.
  16. Greg

Greg Active Member

At the moment the design lacks any personality, think about record labels and artists and think about the genres their music fits into, they will all have a personality that shouts what they're all about. What does this company represent? Who do they represent? What genre of music do they work in?

I would start with the logo, and try to develop an identity from there.
    Hope that helps, Greg
  17. br3n

br3n Senior Member

its closer to the right direction than the first, but still a long journey to go.
  18. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

A long way to go but its getting a lot better.
    Rethink the font in the "member panel"

Keep going :) x