Feedback Please

DeanLynn

Hay Peeps,

Just finished the basics of a design i have done for a Recording Label site, and basically needing some more inspiration on how to jazz it up abit. But keeping the whole thing simple but pleasing to the eye, if you’re getting my drift...

Anyways here is the design so far: index-new.png - ImageHost.org
I know it's not perfect but its a draft one of the design.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers :)

Levi - not so much of a bad thing.

br3n - not really mastered the gradient thing.. Without it looking kiddy, got any tips or tutorials I could check out?

Font wise yeah i keep looking at it and the more I do I hate it =/.

Just use a simple grey to transparent fade on some of your menu areas, play around with the opacity until you get something subtle, it'll make a huge difference and really lift the design.

had a quick go at one of the boxes...

idea.jpg

2mins max.

Honestly its still not right. The gradients are there but its too little, it really needs something to bring it off the page and create some visual interest. IMO the headings are way way too big, its almost patronising.

Think of some words you want associated with this record label - sophisticated? sleek? modern? then put images to those words and really create a STYLE.

Take a look on Web Templates, Flash Templates, Website Templates Design - Template Monster for some layout inspiration if your still stuck.

Thanks for comments I have taken your advice onboard br3n and rethinking the approach.

Barry thanks for reviewing it :)

Cheers

numen.png - ImageHost.org - new update, as you can see changed allot of the layout, not 100% yet just getting the elements inserted and then going to line it all up correctly still got a few more sections to add in. but let me know.

It sure looks like Comic Sans.... A little part of me just died :(

There is no strong branding element to the site.
Think of it as a Miusic magazine cover. Strong branding and then a hierachy of information. big/small/sub etc to create interest and further reading.

Berry said:
Think of it as a Music magazine cover. Strong branding and then a hierachy of information.

At the moment the design lacks any personality, think about record labels and artists and think about the genres their music fits into, they will all have a personality that shouts what they're all about. What does this company represent? Who do they represent? What genre of music do they work in?

I would start with the logo, and try to develop an identity from there.
Hope that helps, Greg

Back