Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on this quick 'hideaway' design please.

Discussion in 'Product Design, 3D & CAD' started by Nstocks, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Nstocks

Nstocks Senior Member

Hello,

For my current University project, I need to design a hideaway that is situated in the forest somewhere. The limitations are that is can only occupy a space of 24m2 and be 12m high. It needs the basics of a house and a observation tower.

Briefly, could you tell me if it looks ridiculous, or could turn out quite well as it's not yet finished. I will have more windows etc.

Thank you

P.S I have one day to finish the design and model it out of wood !

Attached Files:

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Hey mate, Architecture is my go-to form for inspiration and I also wrote my dissertation on modern/postmodern architecture focusing on tadao ando.

That kind of reminds me of Ando's 4x4 house in Kobe, Hyogo.
    [​IMG]

If you haven't heard of him definately take a look - all of his work is breath takingly awesome. Anyways.... I like where your going and I love squares in design (my own work is very cubic) but by altering the shape of the windows its not having the effect you want, I think you need to consider the positioning of the "blocks" and keep the windows rectangular/square (dont forget it would be 100* more expensive your way and would have less visual impact)

This is a concept house called "zero house" I forget who by... but along the same lines
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps or at least inspires!

3. Nstocks

Nstocks Senior Member

Hi,

I know what you mean and I did have a design similar to one that you posted, but due to the space limitation, I had to alter it. I think i will stick to just squares and rectangles like you said... I just thought it would be a good idea to experiment.

I'm going to try and create more ' spaces' in the whole structure so that it doesn't look like I've crammed it into the limited space ( again going back to my first idea )

thank you for your feedback , it's precisley what I predicted and now I know than someone else feels the same ( my tutor told me to email pictures of the design but she hasn't replied so I thought it's just as good to get view on this forum )

4. Nstocks

Nstocks Senior Member

I've had enother go with the inspiration of the 4X4 house, but is't not really working ( the only way it can work it so comy the design really. )

Herre's my first idea, I know it's not at all finished, hence the missing walls as I got mad with it :rolleyes:

It the main design of this one any good ? If I made the boxed more box like etc and reduced the amount of window etc.

Thank You.

I now have 14 hours to make it in CAD and out of wood ;)

Attached Files:

5. Nstocks

Nstocks Senior Member

Here's another one that is a little neater. Again I would reduce the windows by quite a lot and just stick with log rectangles and squares.

Thanks for your feedback !

Attached Files: