Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on Streetwear Logo Design

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Hockeynut15, May 8, 2010.

1. Hockeynut15

Hockeynut15 Junior Member

Hey guys, I'm a student in graphic design on an art foundation course currently in the process of my FMP project.

The brief is retail design for a ficticious street wear company called 'Kingpin' - and I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on the current logo I have designed.

thanks, Hockeynut.
  2. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It's to vector for my taste. Do it by hand a few times, scan it, and then come back. It will look a million times better.
  3. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Agree with Mike. Do it on paper instead. It'll have way better flow, and you just can't imitate a good handstyle with vector.

Here's a few stylish tags to give you an idea..

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

As MrP & Aarlev said above, the regular thickness of the lines take away the loose/flow that it looks like it should have. Can you post up the design brief too? I know you said street wear, just wondering if it's a bit too obvious going with a tag?

Welcome to DF by the way :up:
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Distress that text...
  6. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I agree with the comments above.
    Also I would be tempted to rethink using a monogram. For one thing 'Kingpin' is one word, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to use initials. And for another it makes me think that the 'salted nut manufacturer' is trying to go street!

Good work so far but I think you can push it a lot further.
  7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Anything with a crown says Stussy to me. I kind of like it though but I read it as ISP when I first saw it. Looking forward to seeing it develop :up: