Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on Portfolio

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by Mitch Bartlett, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I recently designed a new portfolio to house my work. My main objectives were for it to be incredibly simple, for the work to be the main focus, and for it to use legible and attractive typography.

I'd love to know what you guys think: Design Portfolio of Mitch Bartlett

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I really like it, though I feel your work could do with some information. Just a little description saying what the work is (identity, icon, etc) would help with clarity. For example, the vector house graphic, which is very nice, but I don't understand what it is or what it was for.

A bit of context is always nice :)

3. Wow, I didn't even think about that. I'll implement something asap.

Thanks very much for the guidance. :)

4. chris_17

chris_17 Member

Love it man nice work! Code looks pretty good as well :icon_smile:

5. Thanks Chris! I'm by no means a web designer; all I did was design this website. The coding was done by a friend of mine, Jesse Dodds. All credit goes to him!

6. djb

djb Member

Had a really quick look, all good apart from the first line:

Welcome to the portfolio of Mitch Bartlett, a multi-disciplined designer from Bristol, UK.

UK was all on it’s lonesome, perhaps a   would be good after Bristol for it.

7. Ah, thanks mate. I always seem to have that problem.

8. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Really like that work. Great stuff! And a Bristol boy too, can't be bad :icon_biggrin:

9. gprovan

gprovan Member

Great work! As already said, I feel there could be a bit more info about things. Do you have examples of any of this work on actual products? I'd like to see that.

G :icon_smile:

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Great stuff: clever, simple, beautiful.