• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Feedback on client website just launched


sevenupcan

Junior Member
#1
Hi all,

I've just launch a client's website. The brief was to take their existing site and revamp it with a new design and improved user experience.

My client organises tours that look at Amish culture for quilters and non-quilters. You can view all the tours they have to offer.

Any feedback on what could be done for the next version, or if you notice any problems with the site would be greatly appreciated.

http://amishtours.co.uk

I'm aware of the following issues...


  • Button's aren't rendering correctly in some browsers.
  • Booking form could do with a capture field and better validation
Many thanks,
Gavin

[edit: sorry about the missing link, haha]
 

Kevin

Senior Member
#4
I know Amish is all about simplicity and stuff but I really think you could do something more with the background. I'm thinking of a simplified, cleaner version of the Viget Inspire background.
 

sevenupcan

Junior Member
#5
Onartis said:
I know Amish is all about simplicity and stuff but I really think you could do something more with the background. I'm thinking of a simplified, cleaner version of the Viget Inspire background.
I agree. This was one of the things that I toyed with before setting it live but wasn't happy with the end results. Now having seen the Viget Inspire background I might try something along those lines. Thanks for the suggestion.
 

Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#6
ok
I quite like it but I think the menu hovers could stretch the whole width or atleast be the same size as each other.

I'm not sure it needs a background although if I was to do it I would probably have it nearer the middle of the page rather than the top of the design as I like the way the logo is just on it's own. :)

Also think the copyright text at the bottom could be toned down a little to maybe a darker shade of the background colour :)
 

sevenupcan

Junior Member
#8
br3n said:
A bit ironic having a website for the armish isnt it? considering theyre all anti technology etc?
lol. Yes I know. Thankfully the amish don't have to use it.


Levi said:
I quite like it but I think the menu hovers could stretch the whole width or atleast be the same size as each other. Also think the copyright text at the bottom could be toned down a little to maybe a darker shade of the background colour
I'm doing to increase the width of the navigation links so users can move down the list without having to move sideways to click a link. I agree with regards to the copyright text, I'm going to dim it down a bit in the next release.
 

Harry

Senior Member
#9
sevenupcan said:
…I'm doing to increase the width of the navigation links so users can move down the list without having to move sideways to click a link…
Just give the a display:block; and remove the floats.