Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback/advice on new personal logo!!!

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Archie92, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Archie92

Archie92 New Member

Hey everyone!
    I am redesigning my personal logo and would really appreciate a bit of feedback on my most recent design. I have also uploaded a different attempt in an earlier thread so if you have the time or inclination, it would be great to see which one you prefer!
    Thanks in advance,

I have had problems uploading the logo so you can find it here:
  2. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Nice, but I would get rid of the shadow completely on this one.
  3. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Yes, lose the shadow certainly. In fact, I'm not sure why you have that break there, it's as if it reads IAM. The A seems to dominate the M as well.
  4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I'd do something like this;

Lose the shadow and 'designer' (it's too small anyway) and the bar in the A, and have the M form the bar instead. I think this is cleaner, and you also have now a pencil tip in the negative space (though it's not exactly an original idea, I'm sure I've seen that device plenty of times before).

I'd also second Ian's idea to reconsider the break in the A. You could get away with not having it, but I'd need to see a version without before I come to that conclusion.
  5. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Sorry Archie, I bet you wish you'd not asked! Fwiw, I'd do something like this:

6. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member

Quick research - A/M logo found on Google:

Perhaps carry out further research Archie. Type 'm typography' in Google.

Could you somehow incorporate the "A" inside one of the gaps in "M", so the "A" helps form the letter "M".
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  7. MJ96

MJ96 Member

I have a similar logo up on dribbble at the moment which uses the three 'A's in the title to form a gable end roof
    I personally wouldn't have the text underneath fitting within the width of the icon as it will be way to small to read when scaled down.