Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAT font suggestions

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by upinmcleod, Mar 23, 2010.

1. upinmcleod

upinmcleod New Member

This is my first post here, I'm not even sure if i'm in the right place... Anyway, I'm designing an advert where you can see the image through the font, the only trouble i'm having is finding a font that is fat enough and clear enough to show enough image to make it look half decent. have a look at what i've done so far.

I know the words aren't aligned and its a slight mess, but its just in the concept stage. Any help and criticism would be greatly appreciated.

2. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Helvetica black rather than bold would be a start. Franklin Gothic would work too.
  3. creativebugdesign

creativebugdesign New Member

ALSO ..........not to be picky but it 'DEFINE' not 'DIFINE' as you have written - sorry!!i do like this though! yeh i agree with sparkcreative - 'black' fonts are normally alot chunkier that 'bold'.
  4. thinkingforward2010

thinkingforward2010 New Member

I use the font called IMPACT. That may look ok for the above.
  5. TracerTong

TracerTong New Member

I agree on IMPACT, try a 120-130% horizontal scale on it and it really does become fat!
  6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Rather than stretch a font, try Gill or Humanist Black or Ultra Black
  7. codenamecueball

codenamecueball New Member

Make it Helevetica. Make it heavy. Arial seems to be ok at this concept, so Helvetica could prove a good fit. Impact is becoming overused and a bit misused, but you can't stop the masses flocking to the gaudy fonts can you?
  8. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

By Humanist you mean Fruitger?
  9. Katedesign

No - Humanist and Gill are virtually identical - Humanist is a Bitstream font. Frutiger - the NHS font!
  10. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

They used to do a couple - Humanist 721 and 421 or something like that. One was a Gill clone and one was a Frutiger clone. Very confusing.
  11. Katedesign

Far too many fonts about now anyway! Especially when clients are using something that comes with Publisher or other Microsoft programme and you have to match it! I try to use 'real' fonts. I actually still have a Letraset catalogue that I refer to sometimes! God, I must be old. . .(I can hear the question 'What's Letraset?")
  12. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

What's Letraset?

I've still got one of those catalogues too. Some excellent 70's strangeness in there - Dynamo Chrome. Mmmmm.