Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook facelift

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by nolgeordie, Jan 12, 2011.

1. nolgeordie

nolgeordie Member

2. wac

wac Senior Member

hmm looks a bit dodge. They are offering a dislike button which as far as I know would involve changing Fb's own api. And I thought Facebook wanted to move away from the MySpace fully customisable business model. Nevertheless I'd be interested to know if any of this actually works.
  3. That's what I thought wac. I had a Safari plugin to give the Dislike button, but this didn't hack my account and was only visible to others as a link in my comment.

I was wondering how other FB users would see these mods without me giving entire access to my Page - which ain't gonna happen!
  4. georgerogers

georgerogers Member

I've never seen anything modified on Facebook unless Facebook have done it themselves. I can't see them leaving their website open-sourced for people to change but it would be interesting to see how people would use it if they did.
  5. That's why so many folk have been getting creative with the new FB profile!
  6. nolgeordie

nolgeordie Member

I'll keep looking and let you know how I get on.