Eyjafjallajokul Volcano Photos

Dave1975

An interesting/impressive collection of photos of the Eyjafjallajokul volcano eruptions and related images
> More from Eyjafjallajokull - The Big Picture - Boston.com

(Part of the news stories in photographs series)

Thought a few of you might be interested in seeing.. assuming you're not stranded abroad?!

e01_23056097.jpg

e15_23053791.jpg

.........That is damn scary.....is no one keeping track of the fact that there seem to be a lot of these impending doom for us all signs (wasnt 2012 an indication? XD).

Nice find Greg

JeD said:
.........That is damn scary.....is no one keeping track of the fact that there seem to be a lot of these impending doom for us all signs (wasnt 2012 an indication? XD).

I think that's just down to all the world disaster films that have been released ever since 9/11, not to say there wasn't films like this before 2001, but they seem to have grown in scale/impact (with the exception of a few).

This is frightening and also incredible ! Oo

this one is a bit like fur in the sky
e19_23056757.jpg

And this one could be a picture of a fantasy film.
e08_23067193.jpg

Some great photographers out there. They all are very well done. I like one of the comments that said something to the effect that we humans are not in control of the planet's actions. All we can do is learn to deal with the earth and try to live on after anything happens.

Lol i'm just gonna bring this thread alive again =p I was in Iceland when the volcano was exploding! It was a geography trip but we could see the volcano from the accommodation so some people in my group got some amazing pictures. I'll see if i can link some here and i have some of the better photos i took in Iceland on my deviantart - but apparently im not allowed to post URLs on here till ive made 15 posts or more xD

Seeing as the threads been revived this is pretty cool

[ame="http://vimeo.com/11673745"]Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 on Vimeo[/ame]

Sounds like one hell of a geography trip Kai :up:

Back