Ethical Question re: Designing for a Company

Looks like something Batman might have in his box of tricks.
The moral dilemma is down to you mate. If you don't want to be associated with it then just walk away and be done with it. If you're not too bothered then just call it a job.

Do the job, get payed....end of story.

Live with it.

I used to work for the MOD they have battleships, tanks and attack helicopters...they kill people with tea towels on their heads....

....do your job, get payed, live with it.

I guess the reason why you design things comes into this a bit as well. If you design as a job 9-5 your views are going to be different from someone who designs because they love it.

Very true, Ralph.

I don't think I could design something knowing that it may do wrong in the long run. Thankfully, I don't think most designers have to deal with this situation, but if presented with it, I'd like to have my morality intact, regardless of how much I might get paid for it.

If you don't want to do it, DON'T DO IT. Then your next dilemma is how to get out of doing it without causing offense.

Easy, sorry I'm very busy at the moment, however I can recommend a few people who might not be...

.......Or be honest. Tell them it's not they type of company/item you want to be associated with due to your morality. There's nothing wrong with that.

Never openly criticise the morality of people who enjoy the company of objects that inflict death. :batman:

Back