Error found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Strict!

Alex L

Err...

This is going to sound odd but when validating, I get this:

Line 53, Column 91: required attribute "alt" not specified
…o.jpg" height="250px" width="400px"/><br />

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

The thing is. That code doesn't exist. Line 53 is completely blank. It used to logo.jpg but I've since updated it to png and changed a bit of code.

I don't know why it keeps thinking it is there. Any ideas?

are you using PHP or ASP or something? Because that will make the lines that the XHTML validator sees, different to the real line numbers of your file.

Maybe post the example and we will be able to help more.

When its says line 53 it means there is a error before that line. Looks like your just missing the alt tag for an image.

robinc said:
are you using PHP or ASP or something? Because that will make the lines that the XHTML validator sees, different to the real line numbers of your file.

Maybe post the example and we will be able to help more.

Sorry, my bad. The image is being pumped in through PHP so I missed it. it is not logo.jpg like I though. It is a blog post image.

My bad. :(

Back