embedded profile mismatch

MAKADON

Hi,

i recently set the colour mode to Europe pre-press 2 through bridge cs4. now every time i open my photoshop files, it comes up with a 'embedded profile mismatch' error. How do i get rid of this for good? how or can i apply this setting to all photoshop files without opening them rather than applying the new setting everytime i open it?

Btw, i only did this setting, as oen of the lynda.com videos told me to do so if i wanted to set out my work if i was to print my work professionally, which i shall be.

Embedded: Internal sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Working: Adobe RGB (1998)

Last edited:
If you open Any CS program and go to Color Settings you will find this is where you change all the profile stuff.

For professional litho print you settings should be as the screenshot below.

hex12647.png

As for the profile mismatches these can be overridden. but by doing so your files will have the incorrect colour space until they are saved with the correct one.

Have a look at my tutorial on my blog on how to create a print ready PDF. This may help you too.

It's a very good tut, but there's no need to distill from InDesign, export is fine.

I'd always ask the printer you're using which settings they prefer too. :icon_smile:

I agree. I have not used distiller for years to be honest. But there is always that one PDf that is stubborn and of course people who use older versions of InDesign where the export was not so robust. But thanks for you comments they are much appreciated.

I agree. I have not used distiller for years to be honest. But there is always that one PDf that is stubborn and of course people who use older versions of InDesign where the export was not so robust. But thanks for you comments they are much appreciated.

Completely agree - it's great to have as an option when things are a bit west with a job!

Back