Emailing design companies.

I think that no time is the right time for everyone. The nature of the job means that deadlines, meetings R&D sessions are always happening at all hours. If they're too busy they wont come to the phone so just call and hope for the best.

Agree with Big Dave. You'll just have to hope you get lucky with that one. Open your call with 'is it convenient to talk?' or something and then, if the answer is no, explain in a sentence what you are calling about and ask if you can fix a more convenient time to call back. That would work with me. Polite, professional and not too pushy. :icon_biggrin:

Agree with Corrosive & BigD. If you can go for the looking for advice approach - no hard sell. Make the recipient of the call feel they can add value / help another human being early on in the same chosen career path. Surprising what happens when you get through to the correct person and the like your tone.

Important to consider similar strategies with the gate keeper - make sure the message that is conveyed to you target call recipient is of a similar tone - to avoid - 'He's in a meeting and always very busy'.

Avoid mondays and late friday (in my experience!).

Back