Editable pdf invoice

imonk

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice on this. My invoice is designed in quark and I just update it in quark with the current job's details, then I pdf and send it out. One of my clients saw it and would like me to design one for her, but I obviously can't do this in quark so I'd ideally like an editable pdf for her.

I'm wondering if there's any way to import a designed page into a pdf and make editable regions? Or would I have to design it all in acrobat? Also, it would have to be able to be filled in by someone using just acrobat reader rather than them having to have pro.

I could use word for this I suppose but that would be a last resort as I can't stand working with Word for this kind of thing :/

Any info greatly appreciated :)
Cheers
Ian

Using livecycle (on windows here) is the ideal option but it might mean working from scratch. The other is in acrobat itself - theres the option to make the form editable under forms - you can use the wizard if the layout is simple enough.

Thanks Levi, I've never used livecycle before, does it work on OS X? I'm thinking of designing the background and adding some editable fields on top in Acrobat pro. Doesn't seem very precise though when putting down the fields. I'm probably missing something though :)

not sure if macs have it - use windows

not used it too much myself to be honest so there probably is something there lol

Back