Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dynamically print PDF

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by chrismitchell, May 10, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

here's my conundrum :p :lol:

I have 2 PDF's that are dynamically generated from a JavaScript code (calling data from a Database program). I need to have a code that will automatically open and print to a pre-selected printer for each PDF (eg PDF 1 will print to printer1 and PDF 2 will print to printer2).

Anyone know how to do this or how this might be achieved?
  2. openmind

openmind Senior Member

Depends on how the printers are connected. If via Windows you could probably cobble something togatehr with vbscript or by using the powershell.
  3. cheers Phil. I think thats what most people are saying to me... I think I might have to suggest that isn't a possibility without alot of other factors involved. My boss seems to think that it must be possible.
  4. Harry

Harry Senior Member

You're pulling data from a database with JS?!
  5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

From a database program... I imagine the program pulls data in with a different method
  6. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Ah. I see haha. Missed that bit.

What happens when the user has JS disabled, Chris?
  7. well this is all the problem you see.. Its all calling data from an events program that we run in house and its going to be from a barcode scanner .. all very confusing.. I think i'm going to have to go down a different route to get it to work :p

Thanks for all your help though guys :)