Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamic Text on a path in Flash CS3

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by tbwcf, Oct 15, 2009.

1. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

This is possibly a dumb question but I don't use flash very often...

Does anyone know how to make text follow a path in flash cs3, sure it should be simple but is proving tricky to work out.

I DO NOT want to tween/animate this text, just make it run around a path like you would in illustrator/indesign - it needs to be "live"/dynamic text so cannot be just an eps from illustrator...

If anyone can help it would be appreciated!

2. I used to do this sort of thing all the time.. I think you can create a guide for it as a layer... I'll see if I can find the way to do it Andy :)
  3. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Hi Chris, I came across a similar thing... unfortunately in cs3 there is no "fit to path" option in the text menu, the more I'm looking into it, it seems that it's not a function anymore and you would need to attach individual letters to a guide... which isn't really an option in this case..... hmmmmmmmm....

Thanks for the link tho
  4. no worries mate.. I will email a mate of mine who deals with Flash regularly and just ask him too :D
  5. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

thanks Chris!