Do you have a scrapbook?

I've got a lined moleskin I keep notes in, not really any drawings, although I'm trying to break out of the habit of only using it for writing

I've also been meaning to get a proper, black-paged scrap book from the local art store, but have yet to get around to it, lots of crap piling up I need to organize!

Yup, i do have a scrapbook too. I use to sketch or write idea on paper and threw them away. Kinda regretted it. But i realize the important and usefulness a scrapbook i can doodle on. I also have a mini note book to note down the pointers or reminder related to design stuff.:clap:

my girlfriend and me scrapbook.. mostly of things we found and photos / brochures from places we've visited. Not of design stuff to be honest LOL

It's not so much an idea book, but I do keep a source file of all of the ideas other people have produced which inspire me. I wrote a short article on it not so long ago, too.

I have about 7 scrap books...since I was at Secondary school I've collected posters, tickets, magazine clippings, typefaces, scraps of materials, photos, anything that I really found interesting or cool and stuck it in a few books. I also doodle a little and all those go in there too. I don't really use it to make a design out of something I see in there but it helps me along the thought process and spurs on the imagination. Plus its something personal and kinda a hobby to collect pretty things! lol...Its in no order at all which is like me...rather spontaneous!

i think we should all have a scrapbook thread, so when we see something we like, for example, a nice lookin' graphic, we screenshot it or save it, and post it on DF. I'd love to have an online resource like this; delicious and stumbleupon get me nowhere.

I bought myself a scrap/notebook before christmas, I was in muji in birmingham (I love their pens) and saw a little notebook in there I liked and bought it. By far the best thing I ever did as I now what I am thinking about when I do a job as I tend to write everything down instead of just hoping to remember it!

And its great for notes when talking to a client, I think it makes me seem more professional.

Back