• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Displaying Concepts for Preview

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on layout-out / displaying of concept work for previewing?

My current process is to create a concept and save as a full image within a table layout in html. I then use image maps (old school I know!) to create links over the image. This allows me to then quickly form a concept site and tweek individual pages or elements of a concept for previewing as I go along without constantly having to email files etc. This also gives a better walk through of the concept and can show any issues regarding usability in the early stages of design.

The above process works great on sites which don't contain a lot of animation but with JQuery functionality etc it is becoming harder to show how a concept works / functions sometimes. I am basically having to work a lot harder to explain and show the functionality of a site and how the controls work together!

Does anyone have any recommendations on possible software or another process that would help me in showing workable concepts.

Thanks

Dennis

Thanks for the link, although this is not something that's going to be possible at the moment.

I'm looking for something that might complement my current process?

Harry

There really is no reason not to adopt that process—it makes complete sense for anyone building websites for clients.