.design

scotty

Ultimate Member
As a bit of a spin-off of my other .com post...

I've noticed that we.design are are offering free (you guessed it) .design domains and hosting for the first year.
I saw this a while back and didn't take much notice but as I was looking around the discount codes that some sites are giving still seem to work.

Has anyone else thought about a .design?

It has a nice ring to it especially if your company is a XYZ Design.

I personally wouldn't purchase any kind of unique '.(dot)Whatever' domains due to SEO. If SEO was not all that relevant for what I am using the domain for, then sure why not?

Get what you're saying.

I guess it's still unknown territory yet.
Found this:

Google rewards relevance and if you rank higher, you’re easier to find. Will registering a .DESIGN for a website increase its ranking in search engines?

A lot of people are pondering that question. There is limited evidence that new TLDs help search, but I think we simply don’t know yet. I would say, look at the fact that Google applied for 101 new TLDs, acquired .app for $25 million, and is a forward-thinking company. They certainly won’t punish you for using a new domain! And I think it will become a key differentiator as both search and Internet habits change. Since .design is so new, people are able to register really great keyword domain names. Domains like ParisGraphic.design and Responsive.design are incredibly discoverable because that’s what someone is going to be typing into a search bar. And don’t forget, .design looks better! I think that people do judge a book by its cover and .design makes for a beautiful cover when returned in search results.

As a bit of a spin-off of my other .com post...

I've noticed that we.design are are offering free (you guessed it) .design domains and hosting for the first year.
I saw this a while back and didn't take much notice but as I was looking around the discount codes that some sites are giving still seem to work.

Has anyone else thought about a .design?

It has a nice ring to it especially if your company is a XYZ Design.

I have though about buying a .design domain. Not to replace my current domain, but to give me extra presence on the Internet. I think the trick here is to get a short or catchy domain name, where the ending .design completes it. we.design is a perfect example. best.design could be another good example.

I looked at the website you suggested here and unfortunately the free offer, with a free .design domain and free hosting for the first year, has apparently ended :( I found no information about this offer on their website.

Regarding the pricing, I think the .design domains are a bit pricey. The price starts at $35.51 per year. I did a small comparison. Typed bladedesign.design and got the price $35.51 on we.design. Then I headed to Namecheap and could get the same domain for only $6.88. On a side note, their web hosting is affordable. They only have one package but you get unmetered bandwidth and unmetered disk space usage for only $8.00 per month or $80.00 per year.

Back