"Design Packages"

Haha thought so, me and a mate at work just looked through that guys website and said we recognised some of his other logo's too, funnily enough he took em from Jacob.

The guy probably though "ah i'll nick these, no-one will know as the guys in Australia!"

No he probably thought "From the 2 visitors I get each month, what are the chances they know JCD?" :p

lol agreed. Am really angry with this guy. He came onto Shell forums a few weeks back and has taken three potential clients simply on the grounds that he can produce work for way less money. Not even good work.

Don't get angry Tim, it ain't worth it! There's no law against charging naff all, and it is true you get what you pay for. For some clients will it will always come down to getting the most possible for the cheapest cost. If they don't value their business or your time/ skills enough to invest a reasonable amount of time, effort and money into it's branding and public image then would you really want them as a client yourself?

Anyone who has a copy of CS could offer that type of service on that budget but would you want to?

i'm gonna shut up because i don't have an efficient way to voice what I'm saying... but basically... i don't like how it devalues an incredibly skilled industry.

No need to shut up Tim, get where your coming from and believe me and it gets my goat on occasion. People who offer services like that do make it harder to justify charging a 'normal' amount to some clients, but you have to be confident in your own skills and what you would bring to the table.

You can pay £3 for a haircut or £80+ but the majority of people who value their appearance would go somewhere in between. If companies value their appearance they will be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for you to make them look good, you just have to convince them your up to it.

Whilst on/ off the subject of hairdressers does anyone else find it intensely annoying that loads of them are now calling themselves 'hair designers'. Don't know why that grieves me but it does.

I get really pissed off with everyone agency/designer calling themselves Creative.

I coined that 5 years ago when I couldn't find a describer for the agency - and since I was a creative for 30 years.....Since then everyone and the kitchen sink is using it. I have now phased that word out of my brand and my brand ID as it is now devalued because of overuse.

Berry said:
I get really pissed off with everyone agency/designer calling themselves Creative.

I coined that term 5 years ago when I couldn't find a describer for the agency - and since I was a creative for 30 years.....Since then everyone and the kitchen sink is using it. I have now phased that word out of my brand and my brand ID as it is now devalued because of overuse.

Kudosis said:
In his portfolio page, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the Ultimate Potential logo, i've seen that recently, the guy wrote a tutorial on Logo design process, now i don't know if this guy has stolen it or they're the same people.

I'll try find the original link

Gotta be careful on that one, it doesn't actually say he's used it for a real clients therefore not stolen, just tutorial done => personal portfolio.

Design packages are a ludicroudly stupid idea anyway. The only way they could possibly work is if you tell the client exactly what they want, right to the last detail. You need to dictate the exact design/functionality/copy/content everything before they become doable. And that frankly ain't doable.

I also love how his nasty banner at the bottom of the page says 'Click Here' but can't be clicked :lol:

Gotta be careful on that one, it doesn't actually say he's used it for a real clients therefore not stolen, just tutorial done => personal portfolio.

Well whether or not the Australian guy did create it, this guy is still using it to get clients, which is putting them under false pretenses. Granted, we don't know that it was a real client but if you were to make a website for fun, and me to screenshot it and put it in my portfolio, that'd be stealing.

Not if he followed the tutorial it isn't stealing. If he took the logo it is, but if he made it under (admittedly complete) instruction he's not stolen anything.

True true, but there are other things in his portfolio which are obviously taken from this other guy's stuff

Reply from Jacob
Jacob Cass :: JustCreativeDesign.com
Thank you very much, I've contacted the site owner, hopefully it gets sorted.
Please also pass my thanks onto the other forum users.Thanks again!

Oh and these were stolen, along with a few others I can't remember (I can't check anymore because he took them down).
d-zyne-solutions.jpg
electricity.jpg
ultimate-potential_1.jpg

they weren't tutorials, it was just showing his workflow from start to finish.

The other logo's he's stolen from JCD we also not tutorials, it looks like he has just ripped the image straight off his site.

Heectic can of worms! Maybe Jacob should take to watermarking his stuff (maybe all of us should...not that my work is good enough to get stolen LOL!)

Ah the guy has taken them off now, but there's still some there that i bet aren't his. I'm going to do some googling, see what i can find!

Back