• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

design issues

quartzy

I am working with a charity an unpaid job of building a website, the problem I have is that the orgainisation wants to have two sections to it. With 2 logos, and I am not sure how to develop the website with this in mind. Really I would like them to have a main logo and from there I could branch of into two sections but they dont have one, do you think it would be ok for me to suggest this, or how else can I work around it?

Romack

First thoughts would be a landing page that gives the option to go left or right.

Then keep the two page designs the same, just brand each one with their respective identities.

quartzy

Thanks to you both, if it is a correct design solution, then I am not worried too much. I just thought that entry pages were to be discouraged in web development.

Romack

I think an entry page is only irrelevant if it does not serve a purpose. When it comes to web, content is king, and your design serves to direct people to that content.

I think you'll be okay with that approach.

Nick M

Personally I am not a fan of wasted landing pages - is one brand superior to the other or are they of equal importance?