Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design for dyslexics

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Marian, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Marian

Marian New Member

Hi

I am in the process of putting a college prospectus together and want to avoid using 100% black text on a white background. Each page has a different colour theme on it, but I want to use a consistent off white colour for the background on each page.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to which colour may work well as an off white?

Best wishes

2. Moominbaby

Moominbaby Member

I think yellow or lilac as a off white tint makes it easier to read :) (dyslexic designer here)

3. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Me too :)

Actually each dyslexic tends to have their own colour that works better for them but from what I have learnt amongst other dyslexic mates, green and purple seem to be the easiest

4. isoPrint

isoPrint Member

dyslexic here also

i find it easier to read off of blue and lilac backgrounds

5. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Not diagnosed as dyslexic but I really struggle with literacy so maybe I am or maybe I was just lazy as a kid...

... As said above people find different colours beneficial so maybe try and cover a wide range of pastel tones with some level of organisation. (ie; each department or course having it's own colour or arrange the colours so when flicked through, they create a smooth transition through the rainbow?) Thant way, it works for everyone and looks pretty too. :thumb: