Dead Or Alive 3 (typeface help requested)

asphinx

asphinx

193020a256e042ec5882f1a592858069.jpg

I've tried identifont as well as whatthefont at myfonts.com but I have yet to figure out what font/typeface they use in the logo for Dead Or Alive 3. I know they seemed to use Terminator for DOA2, but they changed it and no one seems to know what font it's now?

I posted a thread at abstractfonts as well, but they have seem unable to assist me there. So, does anyone here happen to know what font/typeface this is? I only need a name or well anything will do at this point as I am beginning to feel slightly desperate.

Many thanks in advance.
//asphinx

Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft

Hi asphinx, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I can't help you there, hopefully someone else will know!

asphinx

asphinx

that is too bad, thank you anyway. I've continued my search as well, but I'm beginning to suspect that the font has been customized from a more "normal" looking font. D, R & L have a more sans-serif look whilst the rest is pretty straightforward serif look. At least in my opinion that is, but alas I am no expert at typefaces and fonts so if I'm wrong, do correct me. :icon_notworthy:

Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink

I think you are correct. As you saw, i put up an entry into the whatthefont forum and have had no luck on there.

dot design

dot design

Like you said probably custom drawn, if you only need the font for a short name or a few letters why not have a go at drawing your own font?