Cycle Shop Logo

Hi Guys,

Please find below initial concepts worked up for a cycle shop, based around the different components of a bike and the shop name. This particular bike shop is not an off road/mountain bike store so i have reservations about the tyre concept as i feel this leans more towards that side of the sport. Whereas this shop supply more road bike, commuter bike, family bikes - more of a traditional bike shop.

1. Bike Chain
2. Tyre
3. Gears

Let me know your thoughts on which works well and best represents the product,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 21.34.42.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 21.34.42.png
    28 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 21.35.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 21.35.10.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 21.45.02.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 21.45.02.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
out of those three the first one but with more bike chain, currently looks like a W

Prefer the first but agree about the W. I also don't think it needs the links behind, they kind of muddle the shape. I did a cycle/royal related identity a while back and had some similar ideas about using the diamonds in the tread. It was really fun, there's actually loads of shapes you can take from a cycle design once you start looking.

If I go with the name, "crown cycle", than I would prefer 1 & 3 logo. Still these logo needs improvements, there is no X factor in these logos to convince the client to buy any of above logo. I am sure still you can come up with some good logo options.

It's a shame the second one is not suitable as that is the most interesting, creative / thinking out of the box option and I figured out it was a crown shaped tire mark before reading your post. The others are more obvious concepts; the first one works best with the font and overall, just need to amend it so it does not depict a 'W'. The second one is very clever though..

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Concepts 1 & 2 seem to have more potential, inparticular
Concept 2 which is starting to create a stronger identity system the more I develop it and apply it throughout different touch points and stationary etc...

Back