Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV and Portfolio Feedback for job interview

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Mattdbryce, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mattdbryce

Mattdbryce Member

Hey guys,

I'm currently working in a shop and there is a position coming up in the company's design team (i do have a graphic design background). I know the guy who owns the company so he has agreed to meet about the position. I would love to get a little feedback on my CV, mostly on the design of it as the content has been worked on a lot, but any comments are welcome. And of course my portfolio, please be as honest as you like...i can take it!

My CV is attached and my portfolio is here - Matthew Bryce | Portfolio. The company is called Suck UK - SUCK UK Products.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2. Mattdbryce

Mattdbryce Member

My CV pdf is too large, i should probably know how to make it small enough, but im not sure. I know this is the wrong forum category but does anyone know how i do it? Currently 100kb on smallest file size setting (needs to be less than 20kb i believe).

Thanks again

3. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Simplest way would be to output as a jpeg and host the image on somewhere like tinypic.com and copy the resulting code with the [ img ] brackets

4. Mattdbryce

Mattdbryce Member

[​IMG]

Fantastic, thank you Spotty Penguin!

5. Theory Unit

Theory Unit Member

Like it a lot! Clean and uncluttered. I think it works very well - you could perhaps design some representative icons for each of the skills, education and employment sections instead of the cubes; but it's fine as it is too =)