CSS not going into external file

yslow, pagespeed
Overkill there dude?
Why do you need both?

Haven't used pagespeed but with Yahoo's Yslow, and other knowledge alone I have my average page load time down to 1.3seconds on average across my latest clients site, can't really see how that other 1 would help?

More of a inquisitive question as I haven't used pagespeed TBH. :)

believe it or not they do have a few bits the other doesn't and page speed has a different approach to presenting the data which I actually prefer.

Don't forget I'm not quite (well a long way off really) up to your level of knowledge :)

heres a couple of screenies from my work in progress page.

Lot easier to show it than explain it :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 5
O right I might download it then if it tells me about pointless CSS characters I can get rid off. Nice.

Hay Harry I would stay away from this tool you may have a heart attack when you see the results. :D

rather than start a new thread and this is all down to Jaz's accessible web coding 101 and his insatiable lust for minimalist code :p

Am I right in thinking it would be better to use
<a id="lm2" class="ro" title="link to" href="#"><span>Mobile Site</span></a> or
instead of
<a id="lm2" class="ro" title="Mobile Site link" href="#"><span>Mobile Site</span></a>

so that a screen reader doesn't read mobile site link mobile site. I assume theres no issue with using the same 'title' more than once

hmm, I've not had much experience of screen readers (well none really) so do screen readers notify the user of the text being a link or is a link just treated like text

When a screen reader hits a link, depending on the screen reader being used it pretty much informs them as in ~

[link1] home
[link2] portfolio

So having the title attribute in would pretty much be like
[link1] link to mobile site

Unless they are using Thunder which doesn't take into account title attributes at all.

It's best to leave it off TBH as the bit in square brackets is read out to them. Good job of taking them into account though.

The best thing you can do for screen readers is try to make the text close together in the code, something that is not always that easy, simply html, alt attributes that match the image exactly and data tables coded correctly.

Bare in mind the link above would need a file in there just incase that is not for us. :)

so basically take off title attributes on that style of link. Cheers fella's :)

PS Jaz, it's all your fault that I'm looking into all this accessibility lark - I hope you're happy that you've repaid me for the extra work I caused you on the stats thing you were working on :p

Back