Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

css and html tutorials

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by True Graphics, Aug 11, 2011.

1. True Graphics

True Graphics New Member

i want to learn html and css what tutorials should i go to and how long will it take to learn. if i am
    using dreamweaver do i still need to learn css or html

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Try: HTML and CSS Tutorials, References, and Articles | HTML Dog

Depends how hard you work. Takes a while to get good and quick at it.

Yep, Dreamweaver sites are built from HTML and CSS so it is vital to understand both.
  3. chris_17

chris_17 Member

If you want to learn HTML and CSS then personally I'd move away from Dreamweaver, I started out using that and wish I hadn't! It does some of the work for you and doesn't really teach you, I'd use notepad++ if you're Windows of course.
  4. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

That's good advice. Learn to code in notepad++ and then go back to Dreamweaver to see how it can speed up your development time and improve your workflow. Nowt wrong with DW as long as you don't think you can 'drag and drop' a website. :icon_biggrin:
  5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I bought the Head First book - Learn HTML & CSS and just worked my way through it. I took a look at DW and didn't understand a thing! Stick at it it's not that hard to do simple, functional sites.
  6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

I like DW's split view.
    I code on the left, but then I get to make sure it's working (roughly) on the right, which is handy :)
  7. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I like coding in Dreamweaver just for the little shortcuts and so on that pop up, but for actually learning, make sure you do stick to the code.

I always found W3Schools to be helpful - W3Schools Online Web Tutorials