Creative hub/meet ups in Reading?

Hi Dazzling,
I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but there's a group which meets up once a month at The Outlook on Kings Road, it's run by Bbite and is more focused on the business side of things I think. I haven't been to one myself, but someone I went to college with goes/used to go regularly and recommended it. If you're on LinkedIn they have a group; Reading Arts Business Club
I'm planning on going along myself at some point in the future, I keep getting the emails and they cover quite a bit of stuff.
Unless of course you meant something more like this (not local, unfortunately) - I've been keeping my eyes peeled for something similar over the last few years, and have contemplated putting something like that together myself, but I don't think I could go it alone!

Hi Lee-Ann,
Thanks for your reply. That's a really helpful start.
Essentially, I'm trying to find a way of getting designers and thinkers together in Reading to exchange ideas and passions.
How design could help generate new ways of making a living without losing your soul etc.
I really believe Reading has a an untapped resource to utilise.

I'm not really close enough to have much of an input on this thread, but I'm going to Reading festival this year if you're looking for networking opportunities!!

Back