Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating sliding image with content popup - Wordpress

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by Jonna Healey, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

Does anybody know of a WP plugin that allows a user to add an image to scroller/slider, which when clicked on reveals a series of text?

The attachment explains more what I'm looking for. I can do it hard coded, but really they could do with being addable by the editor and not the developer each time.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you should be able to do that with a lightbox plugin as long as it supports ajax or html, you basically apply a class to the image link and it will pop up like normal.

Not wordpress but http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup/ should show what you need - ajax section

3. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

I was thinking that or Fancybox, but wasn't sure how they can add their own content, both to the scroller and popup. Thanks for the quick reply though. Looking into those options now. :)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

forgot another term.... iframe

fancybox supports iframe so you'd be fine using that for the image you've shown :)

Jonna Healey likes this.
  5. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

Sorted it, just done it manually with a lightbox. Didn't need it editable through WP afterall. Cheers Levi