Creating a new font!

Hi all,

I'm new to this font making game, so bare with me if I don't use the right terminology and what not.

I recently created a font for a project that I was working on. It started life as a sketch on a piece of paper. I scanned the letters into Photoshop and saved them as PSD's, I then opened the letters into Illustrator and basically Live traced each one and used one of the preset tracing options. From then on I've been making words from these individual letters, long winded I know!

What I really want to know is what I'm doing right or wrong? and if any of you know of any free software I could use to turn this into a actual font. I've tried searching SourceForge for some open source software but I really don't know what I'm looking for! :icon_confused:

All advice appreciated, Thank you in advanced.

Holly.

Hi all,

I'm new to this font making game, so bare with me if I don't use the right terminology and what not.

I recently created a font for a project that I was working on. It started life as a sketch on a piece of paper. I scanned the letters into Photoshop and saved them as PSD's, I then opened the letters into Illustrator and basically Live traced each one and used one of the preset tracing options. From then on I've been making words from these individual letters, long winded I know!

What I really want to know is what I'm doing right or wrong? and if any of you know of any free software I could use to turn this into a actual font. I've tried searching SourceForge for some open source software but I really don't know what I'm looking for! :icon_confused:

All advice appreciated, Thank you in advanced.

Holly.

Hi Holly great way to start out making your own font, might have a crack at this when I have time, good work

Back