Created a new CSS gallery

jmarcus

Although I'm very aware that CSS galleries are perhaps...too plentiful...I created one just for the hell of it. It just seemed that every gallery I visited (and I have about 20 bookmarked) it was the same thing time and time again. Wordpress, two-column layout, stars to vote, and a comment system.

But I decided that the most important thing (for me) in a gallery was to just have a simple layout, and an enlarged picture to see the design a little better without visiting the actual page - if one doesn't want to visit the page.

Anyway, here's what I created: siiimple

I like minimalist designs...

Just thought I'd share.

Hey Justin,

Really like the simplistic feel, how do you manage the gallery? do you use an off the self back end system or do you just manually update? Im really looking for a very simply solution much like your but havnt found anything any good yet, could you help?

Well...there's the problem. I update it manually. Which, as you can imagine, can be a pain and it can have it's limitations. Wordpress has so many options, but I wanted to do something a little different. Wish I could point you in the right direction, but I just update through the html. I limited the total number of sites to 42 - for one reason because it's meant to be a simple gallery to begin with and two it's more manageable. If I knew php better, I could probably whip up something fairly easy to handle this type of thing, but I haven't looked into it much.

Cheers Justin, Im currently working on a similar idea to yours however, I will be developing the back end system to automate the majority of the work, just thought perhaps you had already got an off the self solution that slipped under the research radar :)

I think the hover previews are a waste of time. They're virtually the same size as the normal images??

Other than that - really nice simple layout.

I like that, very nice.

Do you have an RSS feed up for it yet? Can't seem to find one on there, a must for any gallery.

You're right. I'm going to expand them a bit for now on. Don't know why I didn't do so to begin with...

And...I need to set up an RSS feed...anyone have any suggestions for the best method to do this? FeedForAll? or is there a better way?

Back