Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of recent designs

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by creatabledesign, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I am new here but although these have been signed off I would like some input from some fellow designers, I think for piece of mind etc. These were outsourced to me by another developer. I actually work full time but looking to build up a business in my spare time because of the politics that seem to be going on where I currently work.

Building trades website (jpg only)
    Hairdressers Salon Design (jpg only)

You may notice that I am yet to get a site up at Website and Graphic Design by Creatable Design - Creativity brings us closer... but hopefully that will change soon once I finally get a design that I am completely happy with.

Here is my initial concept for the site although this will change again as I am now not happy with the dark/grungy feel that the site currently portrays.

Anyhow, I have blabbered on too much now. Let me know your thoughts if you have the time.

Thanks in advance,
  2. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Like the trades one - not a great deal to say on that one. The other one - I don't mind the top section, but then it goes into reams of dull text. It doesn't seem to tie in with the graphics at the top - maybe you could bring some of that down to break up the copy a bit. I'd also get them to cut the copy at least in half - nobody will bother to read it. Or move some of it to another page.
  3. Thanks for the input SparkCreative, it was a case of a project was outsourced to me and my input wasn't wanted overly too much, I was also keen for them to cut down the amount of text...

Here is a link to the actual live site: London Hairdressers, Hair Salon, Experts in Hair Colour : ColourNation

Possibly going to speak to the guy that outsourced to me and offer a few more suggestions and see what comes back.

Thanks again for the input,