Could someone recommend software for me please

D

Driffty66

Hi.
I run a small business selling personalised umbrellas. To help me get clients i would like to do mockups of umbrellas with their company logo and colours. But i have little experience with graphic software.
it would be great if i had something set up so I can simply type in the company name and see it as it would look printed on an umbrella.
This is just for a quick mock up and a graphic artist will then do the final work in the production factory.
I use a macbook pro and an android tablet for work.
thanks.

Attachments

hankscorpio

hankscorpio

Staff member
Best to use something like Photoshop. There's a tonne of free Templates that you can edit to change colours and to add logos/text etc.

However, for actual production you'll likely need the Adobe Illustrator files or similar file created in a vector format.

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
You could look into SmartMockups. It lets you import PSD mock up files and edit them without needing a Photoshop subscription. I don't think it will let you just type in a name and display it though but it has a free trial available so you could try it out beforehand.

Alternatively you could look for a designer on here. Exporting mock-ups is really quick and easy so I don't think it would be unreasonable to negotiate a fixed fee per mock-up or perhaps even a bundle deal (10 mock-ups for £X for example). Eventually it will be cheaper for you to do it yourself but if you're not experienced with design and the software, outsourcing it might be a better use of your time, especially if you want to tweak certain elements.

On a side note, I'm actually looking to get a personalised umbrella made up, so if you have a website or contact email, please PM it to me. :)

@GCarlD

@GCarlD

Alternatively you could look for a designer on here. Exporting mock-ups is really quick and easy so I don't think it would be unreasonable to negotiate a fixed fee per mock-up or perhaps even a bundle deal (10 mock-ups for £X for example). Eventually it will be cheaper for you to do it yourself but if you're not experienced with design and the software, outsourcing it might be a better use of your time, especially if you want to tweak certain elements.
I'll be happy to lend a hand if you opt for this. I am also based in London and it won't take up much of my time.

Brentt

Brentt

If you mean online preview of text/image of clients artwork on product? Such software cost a fortune the one I know is called Direct Smile, im sure there can be cheaper alternatives.

Brentt

Brentt

How about GIMP? I’m sure someone can create mock up for you and you would learn only how to add client’s artwork on. I found how to create a t shirt mock up in gimp (tho it isnt in english but definitely you can figure it out what that guy is doing) and create yourself? I havent use gimp for years so cant say much only that is free tool.

D

Driffty66

Thanks for your replies guys.
ive been playing around with gimp but its a steep learning curve for me.
another member suggested an online tool like this one used here [deleted link - Levi]

that would look great on our website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Levi

Levi

Staff member
Deleted the link because no one on this forum recommended that tool and as such looks like spam.

rodger1513

rodger1513

I would recommend PhotoViewerPro Software for beginners because it very easy to use. Every menu is simple and compact