Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerns CSS, HTML and font...

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by YesYouMay, Jun 14, 2010.

1. YesYouMay

YesYouMay Junior Member

1. Is this code correct?

<p style="text-align: center; font-family: Times; font-size: 3em;">Big Mall Moon</p>

2. I want the text to be blue, how do I do that for the code above? Thank you.
  2. well the css should really be in a css file called at the head of the html not in the P style (i'm sure Harry will agree).

though if you must include the style this way then it should be color: blue or preferably the hex colour. :)

hope that helps :D
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Chris covered it all...
  4. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Again, Chris covered it all, but if you aren't too preficient the addition would go as such:

<p style="text-align: center; font-family: Times; font-size: 3em; color:blue; ">Big Mall Moon</p>
  5. nice add Mark :D
  6. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Or shorthand like this. :p

<p style="text-align: center; font:3em Times New Roman, Serif; color:blue;">Big Mall Moon</p>
  7. YesYouMay

YesYouMay Junior Member

Where would I add the color for this?:

<p> <center><font size="3" face="Verdana"> big mall moon</font></center></p>
  8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

The font tag is deprecated so don't use that code.

If you insist on using inline CSS then just write it like it like this.

<p style="text-align: center; font:3em Verdana, Arial, Sans-serif; color:blue;">Big Mall Moon</p>

But to be honest, instead of fiddling with that, just do it properly instead and create an external stylesheet. If you don't know how to add a color to some text, chances are you're not very confident with HTML/CSS. So maybe have a look at some tutorials and guides for basic CSS/XHTML? Would just be faster for you than asking here everytime you get stuck. ;)
  9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi YesYouMay,

You need to keep your style separate from the html and then call the css file from your html page.

You can then add a style for paragraph like so

p {
    font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    line-height: 1.2em;
    color:#055B8F; /*This is a comment for instructions, this is your blue colour */
  10. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Or just shorthand like this. (Sorry for being pedantic, just tell me to feck off :D)
    p {
    font: italic 11px/1.2em Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif;
  11. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Don't size fonts in pixels.
  12. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Do size fonts in pixels.

//I'm your nemesis Harry
  13. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Size fonts in ems hazza? And Aarlev feck off :p

Jkin mate good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Yes, size fonts in ems, it scales in IE6 that way.
  15. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

And if they find small text hard to read and set their browser to an increased font percentage as a result. Setting it in pixels or points will make it impossible for people with bad eyesight to read your text tbh. :)
  16. andthen

andthen Member

Hi there,

I'd say the same as everyone else - external sheet, use the code/s these folks provided, and try use hexadecimal color reference) also I'de recommend w3c schools / the CSS section (CSS Tutorial) it has loads of info dude, I wouldnt know jack if it wasnt for w3c schools! Not that I know a whole lot now...