Concept so all ideas welcomed.

Cheers here's the changes:
~ Took off the shadow on the arrows and I like it a lot more.
~ Sorted out a few spacing issues with the images and text any more I'll sort out with coding it. :)
- Increased the glow on the border to come in-line with the border on the navigation.
- Changed the colour on the arrows to green as the headers are brown and links green so making the arrows green in my opinion follows the conventions of the site more.

I'm still not sure on the footer but with it's current content I think leaving it how it is would be fine.

Any more comments are more than welcome. : )

Jaz

If you want to view it in a larger form you can at:
http://bedtimebliss.co.uk/mock2.png

mock2.png

Cheers Salamander,
Been on holiday for 3 weeks, the joys of working 7 on 7 off I suppose, the downside 91 emails to respond to from the last 2 weeks. : (

Cheers for that, changed a fair bit before I went on holiday when I coded the home page, I fixed a lot of the spacing issues, IE: left nav 1/3, page elements to align properly etc.....

Changed arrows colour to be the same as the links to fit in with site conventions etc......

Changed top nav to be tabs, changed logo etc..... but cheers for your comments appreciated none the less. :)

I want to go to Uni and learn yep, applying next year, £35k a year just to tell people how to eat right I mean hello, 4 years at uni though.
Think of all those people who are going to miss out in the mean time. :cry:

Going to look into doing my NVQ in body building first, not to build my body but to learn more about the muscle groups and what exercises hit which area the best.
Hey there! It's awesome that you wanna go to Uni and learn about nutrition. £35k a year, whoa! But yeah, four years can feel like forever, and you're right, some folks might miss out while you're studying.

Before diving into nutrition, you wanna do an NVQ in bodybuilding, not to get all swole, but to understand those muscle groups better and which exercises work 'em best. That's smart thinking!

And totally agree with you – let's keep kids safe online! If you see any messed up stuff, report it to the IWF, no hesitation!

Anyway, go for it with your studies, and remember, everyone's got their own journey, so just do your thing and make it count!

I read through all of this thread with interest then realised it was from 13 years ago. Not sure why it was flagged as a current topic in my monthly summary email. :)
I'm genuinely interested to know how you got on with your weight loss project, Jazajay. Hopefully you're a billionaire living in the Bahamas by now.

Anyway, before I noticed that the thread was from 2010, I started to look into your query using AI. I recently signed up to a course/guide on using ChatGPT and its potential - it's a pretty powerful and amazing tool, it really is. I ran your questions through it and it produced the report below in a matter of seconds. It took me much longer to type/word the questions than it took for it to answer them:

I've devised a formula/tool to accurately work out how much weight a person could lose based on certain variables. I want to create a weight loss website dedicated to that tool and expand the site to include more tools and additional content.
I'm looking for suggestions in the following areas:

1) Design
a) What colour scheme comes to mind?
b) Thoughts on layout ideas.
c) Anything else.

2) Content
a) If you were searching for this type of info, what content would you be interested in seeing on the site?
b) Any related tools that could be added.

3) Anything else.

ChatGPT
Congratulations on your project! Building a weight loss website with a dedicated tool and expanding it to include more tools and content is a great idea. Let's explore some suggestions in the areas of design, content, and other aspects of the website:

1) Design:
a) Colour Scheme: Choose a clean, modern, and inviting colour scheme. Consider using calming colours like shades of blue or green to evoke a sense of wellness and health. You can also combine it with accents of warmer colours like orange or yellow to add energy and vibrancy.
b) Layout Ideas: Keep the layout simple, intuitive, and user-friendly. The tool should be prominently displayed on the homepage for easy access. Consider a two-column layout, with the main content on one side and a sidebar for additional tools or related content.
c) Mobile Responsiveness: Ensure that the website is fully responsive, as many users will be accessing it from mobile devices. A mobile-friendly design is crucial for a positive user experience.

2) Content:
a) Weight Loss Calculator: The core tool should be the weight loss calculator that uses the formula you've devised. Users should be able to input their relevant data (age, weight, height, activity level, etc.) and get an accurate estimate of how much weight they could lose based on your variables.
b) Calorie Intake Guide: Provide a comprehensive guide on understanding calories and how they affect weight loss. Include information about daily calorie needs, recommended calorie deficit, and the impact of different food types on weight loss.
c) Exercise Routines: Offer a variety of exercise routines suitable for different fitness levels and goals. Include instructional videos or images to demonstrate proper form and techniques.
d) Healthy Recipes: Create a collection of nutritious and delicious recipes that align with weight loss goals. Consider categorizing them based on dietary preferences (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.).
e) Success Stories/Testimonials: Feature success stories from real people who have used your tools and achieved their weight loss goals. Testimonials can provide motivation and build trust in your website's effectiveness.

3) Other Considerations:
a) Expert Collaboration: Consider collaborating with registered dietitians, personal trainers, or other health and fitness experts to provide additional credibility and expertise to your content.
b) Blog: Start a blog section to regularly update the website with relevant articles on nutrition, exercise tips, mind-set, and other weight loss-related topics. This can help drive traffic to your site and establish you as an authority in the field.
c) Community and Support: Create a community section where users can interact, share their experiences, and provide support to each other on their weight loss journeys.
d) Privacy and Security: Ensure that any personal data collected through the website is secure and that you have a clear privacy policy in place.
e) Social Media Integration: Integrate social media sharing buttons so users can easily share their progress, recipes, or helpful articles with their networks.
f) FAQ Section: Include a comprehensive FAQ section to address common questions and concerns users might have about the tool and weight loss in general.

Remember to regularly update and improve the website based on user feedback and evolving weight loss trends. Building a community around the site and engaging with users can help you understand their needs better and make the website more impactful in their weight loss journeys.

Back