Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Arts 158

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by thomashodgson, Jan 20, 2009.

1. thomashodgson

thomashodgson Senior Member

I'm sorry but the 'exclusive subscriber print' with Computer Arts 158 is absolutely RUBBISH!

I could do that in about 10 minutes! :down:

Anyone agree/disagree?

2. Victoria Kelly

Victoria Kelly Junior Member

Very much AGREE!! Some of the stuff in that magazine is pretentious garbage. Sometimes I'm not sure why I subscribe, it seems like the same articles rehashed from the previous year.

3. thomashodgson

thomashodgson Senior Member

I'm glad it isn't just me! What alternative do we have though? 'iCreate' is a Mac advert in magazine form and 'Digital Arts' is even worse than CA.

Sometimes I wince at parting with almost a tenner for CA Projects but I still end up buying it!

4. Victoria Kelly

I know, there are online blogs and stuff that keep us up to date on trends and there are online tutorials. I think the only reason I still get it is I want to support printed medium! If we all go online then there will be no need for mags and i'll be out of a job (doomsday scenario of course)!

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I'm subscribed to CA Projects... I prefer this one because every month it digs a bit deeper on a specific subject varying from typography to freelance strategies, uncommon applications (+ tutorials), motion graphics or just illustrated art. The latest issue was about 2009 Design Trends and last month it was a very inspiring subject: Japanese Design (which isn't a subject you would accidentally run into on a blog)

So if you're sick of CA, I can tell you that I've always been enjoying the Projects alternative. I'm sure you could buy some previous issues in one of your local bookstores before getting a subscription.

6. Victoria Kelly

I'm already subscribed to CA projects, I agree it is much better to concentrate on one subject because the stuff in CA can be found on blogs etc.

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member