• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Complementing Colours

I need a little advice on what colours to use with my base colour of 0082c3 (blue). I thought about using a grey or black or even going crazy and using a completely contrasting colour. If anyone has any ideas on what colour would be best I would be very grateful.

bigdave

Staff member
Find the closest match to your color, then look at the opposite side of the wheel. That range of colors are the complementary colors.

Never really thought of orange and blue as a good colour combination before, I'm only using the blue as a header and navigation headers so if I use the orange to colour the links and page titles I could work, thank you for your help.

Check out this link: Color Scheme Designer 3

Not only does it give you complimentary colour options (and a few other alternatives) but it also lets you see the colours being used on light and dark website layouts.
Thats a cool little tool usually when I choose two or three colours for a website I think it looks good but it isn't to everyones liking Im sure you guys have the same problem. But you can't please everyone!!

Another great resource is kuler

It's simlar to the other ones recommeneed, has some nice flexibilty and a breakdown of the values in CMYK, RGB & HEX so it covers print as well as web. It also has the nice feature of being able to save your schemes and download swatches.

This is the one I find myself comming back to use again and again, I find it really helpful.

Another great resource is kuler

It's simlar to the other ones recommeneed, has some nice flexibilty and a breakdown of the values in CMYK, RGB & HEX so it covers print as well as web. It also has the nice feature of being able to save your schemes and download swatches.

This is the one I find myself comming back to use again and again, I find it really helpful.
I actually have a couple of swatches saved on there from when I first found it, but now they look proper crap. I think I will need to invest some time with these bits of kit to utilise their full potential.