Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colour scheme

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by charles, Oct 16, 2009.

1. charles

charles Senior Member

Hidey ho,

I'm not usually one to discuss my work but I'm really stuck.

I am doing a brand I.d for a company that offers dental surgery maintenance and I cant seem to find a colour palette that represents the particular field of business.

I know it's not a conventional approach, but I like to find a colour scheme that feels good and work with it.

any 'external inspiration' would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

charlie

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

How about a mint green as the main colour and then grey tones with classy B&W photography to match that in?

Guessing certain green tones will fit with the toothpaste connotations, and perhaps blues as quite medical?! Obviously would be avoiding browns, oranges and reds.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I would have said pale blues and greens too, my dentists always seem to wear blue 'uniforms'.

Also the medical symbol (the snakes wrapping around something) is usually portrayed in blue in my experience to

4. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

yeah def anything that conveys mint... greens, blues and white

5. charles

charles Senior Member

thanks... for your input. I'm finding this hard as a large part of my work involves inhouse design for another dental firm and I'm tying to avoid any kind of influence from them.b(primarily blue) though they are clinical rather than repairs/service

6. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

oh so the company repairs dentist's equiptment (not actually dentists)? Could you use maybe greens and grays... and if you're doing business cards etc get a spot colour of silver?

7. charles

charles Senior Member

yes yes it's maintenance I have formulated a limish green and earthy colours but seems too organic looking for a repair company.

8. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

hmm yeah lime seems more of a vibrant green. i'm thinking like these shades as a starting point View attachment 281 perhaps throw in a contrast colour too??

Attached Files:

9. Levi

white, silver (fillings etc) and dirty pinks (think false teeth) could be another option

10. charles

charles Senior Member

It's hard as almost every dental practice/company under the sun uses blue/grey green/grey or purple/grey as their company colours.....hmph

11. berry

berry Active Member

I HATE HOSPITAL GREEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN!

Why do colour palettes have to come from the same tin on the same shelf?

I always question the obvious. And ask yourself... would another agency/designer come up with my solution? If the answer is yes...the what separates you from every Tom, Dick and Designer out there. Seek beyond the obvious. The solution to the problem is the word obvious.

12. charles

charles Senior Member

I'm jus stuck for colours kind of like a mental block for me at the moment...

13. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

think you should go with Levi's pink dirty teeth suggestion then! That's not as obvious. And the message behind it could be 'if you don't get your dentist stuff serviced, then you'll end up with pink teeth"

14. charles

charles Senior Member

lol but teeth don't go pink.... they go yellow

15. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Yellow it is then!
    No but seriously if you're not gunna go down the 'obvious' colour route then any colour will surely do until you have maybe developed your logo etc. I'll look forward to seeing the final outcome!

16. Levi

well if you don't see you dentist you could end up with false teeth which is why I picked the dirty pink colour :)