Colour Management Screen to Digital Print

Moonshine1981

I am looking to find someone who knows about colour management from screen to digital print. I have trouble all the time with getting the correct colours printed on a OkiPro9431. I cant get my head around ICC Profiles, colour settings etc. I design and print mainly from Photoshop. Ideally would like to pay someone for a day out of their time to come and have it that what I see on my monitor is what I will get on the print.

BASED IN IRELAND

I had someone down at the start when I bought the digtial machine but cant get that guy anymore. Have you experience in setting up colour profiles and colour management/screen calibration etc?

I had someone down at the start when I bought the digtial machine but cant get that guy anymore. Have you experience in setting up colour profiles and colour management/screen calibration etc?

Yes, typically the digital machine should have come with a colour profiler, a gadget that scans preprinted cards to calibrate the machine.

If you don't have this then something like Spyder Pro might be of use to you.

On the other hand if you can't get Oki to take your requests for service seriously then I'd hit them up on Twitter - you will be sure to get a response.

Yes I have an old Docucolour 250 and it came with these strips things and also an EFI ES-1000 to scan the CMYK gradient thing that would print out when calibrating the digital machine. The new machine I have is an OKI Pro9431. I also have a X-Rite 500 series Spectro Densitometer but I have no idea how to use it. I presume you have experience in working with Macs and digital printing and have some idea on how to fix my issues? What would you charge for a day of your time (CASH) to come to Monaghan town to have a look and see if you can help me?

I don't know. I'd feel bad if I wasn't able to fix it for you. It would be a huge waste of both of our days.

I also don't know what day I could do it on. Pretty busy this week and next.

I could try and help you remotely.

No fix. No fee.

Hi Moonshine1981,
Im somewhat in the same position as you where, that is: i have a DocuColor250 and am temping to buy a Pro9431. I was just wondering how your experience with this Oki machine is? Care to share your experience versus your DocuColor?
> how are pantone spot colors looking? did you manage to get the colors perfect (or at least near)?
> how is the print quality compared to your Docucolor250? how are colors looking? do gloss print also works on the Oki?
> how is your experience with thick stock?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me/us.
Greetings,
Ray

Back