Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMYK ON HOME PRINTERS

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by kojak, May 30, 2017.

1. kojak

kojak New Member

Hi there. I understand that most home/office style printers are calibrated to receive files prepared in an rgb format and don't generally print cmyk prepared files well. If I am preparing cmyk files for a printing company to print digital laser copies of say greetings cards, how could one best adjust or purchase a home/office printer capable of giving an idea of colour? Are there any suitable for adjustment in this way or is one having to rely on paper swatches for colour accuracy? I suppose what I am saying is that I'd like to print at home with some accuracy of colour so I don't have to send out and pay for regular colour interim proofs as I don't have a large budget. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Best to send in what you have printed off at home, and ask the printers to match as closely as possible.

Or - if you get a printed sample from your desired printers, then you can adjust your colour settings on your home printer to closely match what the printers produce.

That way - when you print a sample yourself you can be assured it's close to what they have.

But - do send them what your printed sample is and colour expectations.

3. kojak

kojak New Member

I see, that way it doesn't matter quite how my machine produces the colour it does as long as I match at home as much as possible what the printer company can do, then I know what to expect, colour for colour. Excellent thanks v much.