• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CMS for Designers?

peekaboo

Hey Guys,

Just wanted hear the thoughts of what people find the easiest CMS to work with from a design point of view?

Meaning adding a html/css design you have created to a CMS?

I have been looking at ones such as FrogCMS

Cheers

Brett

Wordpress is always easy. But, I have used Drupal, Joomla!, and Frog CMS in the past, they weren't as easy to use as Wordpress.

C

chrismitchell

Wordpress is definitely the most designer friendly CMS i've ever used.

Thats my recommendation.

Expression Engine is supposed to be very good and easy to use, but is not free. I find Wordpress really easy to use, but the only thing I have to compare it with is a bespoke CMS I use at work which is an absolute nightmare to work with :)

I guess it depends on what features you're looking for as well and the complexity of your site.

That Frog CMS sounds good.

6 Revisons did a post on promising CMS here: 10 Promising Content Management Systems

C

chrismitchell

very interesting thing on 6 revisions Soren :) nice to see people making free ruby on rails CMS of RailFrog (also sounds like a computer game strangely enough).

peekaboo

I actually saw that CushyCMS, and although only good for editing existing pages, could be brilliant for the smaller static sites we do for clients...