Clothing Brand - Startup

Lewis Thompson

Hey Everyone,

I've had a clothing brand business in my mind for a couple of months but I have never got to the point where I've thought "let's do this" but for some reason today I have had a massive leap of faith and I am thinking about going with the idea and see where it goes.

As many of you will know by now, the colour 'black' is very common for a piece of clothing. There have been many trends around e.g. #allblackeverything. It is shown as a very smart, casual look and people are catching on. My startup is to create a clothing brand only selling 'black' products for example, black tees, black jeans, black hoodies, black underwear etc. I believe this would be a good success but I want everyone's thoughts.

If you could leave comments letting me know what you think and please everyone be honest I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Lewis

I think that's a god slant.

I'm tho one that does the laundry in my house and judging by the number of black garments I wash you should do well. ;)

Haha, I hope your not being too sarcastic Scotty?

Not at all.

A good 75% of the clothes in this house are black and it's not like we're Goth's or Emo's.
People like wearing black.

I think in a market that has pretty much every angle covered and is quite saturated then it'd be a good USP.

Not at all.

A good 75% of the clothes in this house are black and it's not like we're Goth's or Emo's.
People like wearing black.

I think in a market that has pretty much every angle covered and is quite saturated then it'd be a good USP.
If I'm honest, my house is the same haha.

Also, my clothes are mostly black to be honest.

I just need to think of a brand name etc.

Have any ideas? I was thinking something like BLCK Clothing?

I like BLCK. :D
There's the abbreviation (I tend to use) "BLK" too but I like yours better.
There's also foreign languages as well.
I lot depends on getting a decent domain really.
(Check out namecheckr)

If I'm honest, my house is the same haha.
Also, my clothes are mostly black to be honest.

Thinking about it... so are mine. o_O

you might want to google blck...

As to black clothes, maybe when I was younger I had a fair bit of black (apparently I'm cyber goth not goth though...) but now I'm a bit more colourful, I have navy and other dark colours lol

I like BLCK. :D
There's the abbreviation (I tend to use) "BLK" too but I like yours better.
There's also foreign languages as well.
I lot depends on getting a decent domain really.
(Check out namecheckr)

Thinking about it... so are mine. o_O
BLK is nice, I like that also. Good suggestion! Would you be interested in talking more about this one to one?

you might want to google blck...

As to black clothes, maybe when I was younger I had a fair bit of black (apparently I'm cyber goth not goth though...) but now I'm a bit more colourful, I have navy and other dark colours lol
Yes, going to google it soon and research as much as possible. Haha maybe you are! It's probably going to limit the attraction but I suppose it there is a lot of attraction then it will mass appeal

Yes, going to google it soon and research as much as possible. Haha maybe you are! It's probably going to limit the attraction but I suppose it there is a lot of attraction then it will mass appeal

As a fashion label, colour based names are always going to be picked over by the vultures but I guess you can always be clever or even lucky.
One of my clients doing a start-up managed to get an AWESOME .com but they said it took them a solid 40 hours of brainstorming and name cheking which I didn't reckon was that bad.

It's all in a name!

Back