Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear business cards..?

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by bigdave, Feb 7, 2011.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I need a printer to provide our new cards. 2 designs, 2 colours (pantone 485 & black) I don't want rounded corners but do want a level of transparency so when held up to the light the black txt is visible through the red. Any one able to help?
  2. Minimalist

Minimalist Member

As in »plastic«?
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nah he must mean glass... :p
  4. Minimalist

Minimalist Member

I love you too ;)

These guys kinda specialize in printed plastic ... They mail free samples (and occassionally quite interesting advertising material), did not yet use them, though ... :)
  5. bigdave

Sorry. Yeah plastic is the order of the day.

As a side thought, a malleable card could be interesting. Perhaps something similar to a really thick window sticker that will crumple up n spring back out again.
  6. bigdave

I've just had a really mental thought.. Glass cards encapsulated in plastic, so they can be shattered, crushed etc without making people bleed (my company is called bleed ink).
  7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

That would probably cost a bomb!
  8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Haven't we covered this in an old thread?

Didn't it turn into a cost vs enviromentalism vs Berry?
  9. bigdave

I was only thinking out loud with the glass thing. And to be honest, I don't have any interest in someone telling me my plastic cards will make dolphins cry. I want someone with the ability to produce them to the highest standard that's all.
  10. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

You're right, mrp we have indeed had this conversation before. The conversation was against Berry because it is/was an irresponsible practice in today's world.
  11. hgc

hgc Member

12. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

come on people, if the post is dated 10 months ago, don't you think its been sorted by now?
  13. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Old posts clearly mean 'Plug your website here'!
  14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I mean who even reads the posted date?
  15. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

well they must realise after trawling through 10+ pages of threads
  16. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Search + a little bit of SEO friendly board. And they troll...
  17. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

(un)fortunately df rates highly in search results for a fair few design related queries.....

And once again I call for the lock the threads after x months and links restriction for new posters :)