Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Wacom

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by gcol90, May 20, 2014.

1. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

IMO the Bamboo is awesome for the price.

I use an Intuos 3 (A4 ish working area, A3 full size) and I'm thinking of getting a Bamboo just to free space on my desk and be more portable.
    I was pretty disgusted when they got me a Bamboo back at my old job but I was soon impressed by it.

I couldn't see much difference as I use AI and not PS but I actually preferred it due to its size.
    When you compare the price of Intuos to Bamboo then it's a no brainer if you're starting out.

Edit.

Not seen those ones you linked to before.

4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'd recommend a Wacom Bamboo to begin with.
    And yeah Levi I've sold my Intuos.

5. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

So the cheap Intuos' are just Bamboo's, yeah?

6. Levi

the new 'intuos' (ie like the one linked) are in essence the old bamboo's with a different shell, the old intuos have been renamed intuos pro...

gcol90 likes this.
  7. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Thinking of getting one of the new Intuos', just a quick question though. I'm new to Wacom's so this might be a silly question, but is there a way to trace stuff directly into it?

8. Levi

not sure about the bamboo/new intuos but my intuos 3 and 4 (ie older versions of the pro) have a plastic sheet that lifts up where you can 'trace' through.

9. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Mine's got the sheet but only thing I use it for is putting notes or the brief I'm working on.

10. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Oh do you tend to scan stuff in then redraw?

11. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I do.

I just work from rough pencil drawings which I find works best for me.